At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Regional Director to join our team as a member of our growing Platform South division.
You're great at:
- Lead your regional ESCO Team.
- Expand the McKinstry business model into other markets in the region.
- Develop McKinstry's brand with local and state government entities as a sustainability consulting and services leader committed to improving sustainability in existing buildings.
- Participate in the development of sustainability standards, policies and legislation.
- Build and maintain relationships within industry leaders, associations and organizations.
- Promote Energy Services externally and internally.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical business plans.
- Recruit, develop and retain employees.
- Develop staffing plans; make recommendations regarding actions, including hiring, necessary to maintain balanced work and staffing levels.
- Create and manage consulting processes: lead generation, sales, proposal creation and customer services delivery.
- Develop and control business unit budgets.
- Develop and communicate key business metrics.
- Deliver profitable revenues and margins.
- Ensure that non-mechanical work complies with applicable safety policies, codes, and regulations.
- Assess potential for expansion of the McKinstry business model into additional markets in the region.
- Develop ways to profitably integrate Energy Services, Facility Services and Technical Services sales proposals, product offerings, processes and procedures.
- Define business unit sales policies.
- Promote the inclusion of sustainability services in sales proposals.
- Negotiate contracts with clients.
- Achieve personal project utilization goal.
Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Director of Regional Operations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Thorough understanding of how sustainability standards and legislation interact to affect specific situations and clients required.
- Knowledge of government energy initiatives required.
- Expertise in standards and legislation regarding energy initiatives.
- Four (4) year college level training in architecture, architectural engineering, engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Fourteen (14) years of engineering, construction, real estate and/or facility services project management experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of financial management programs and software required.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website