At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Regional Director - Technical Services to join the team as a member of our growing Mountain Technical Services division. This person will lead all aspects of the sales and delivery of our Mountain Technical Services Team in a profitable manner, business growth, providing customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. This person will closely collaborate with other business units to successfully obtain work that aligns with McKinstry's capabilities and business plans. This position reports directly into the Vice President of the Mountain Region Energy and Technical Services business.
This person should share a passion for fostering team culture, servant leadership, strategic thinking, business development, operational excellence, and coaching leaders. This person should be comfortable and experienced being part of a fast-growing team that is adding new team members covering a broad geography.
This person will lead a group of extremely talented engineers, consultants, and business development professionals, across Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and Nevada. This team is focused on delivering consultative offerings that improve the overall performance of the built environment. Ultimately, this person will be succeed if they can contribute to and protect our unique culture, be deliberate about what we work on, differentiated in everything we deliver, and unified across teams in our approach.
What you're great at:
- Mountain Region responsibility for overall P&L management, strategic direction, market planning, engineering and technical leadership, team growth and staffing, and excellence-in-delivery
- Coaches, empowers, manages teams of over 60 people.
- In partnership with other Mountain Region senior leadership, author the strategic direction for the business and create structures for future growth
- Leads and enables a high performing business development team, modeling strategic account management, setting appropriate business development targets, and coaching business development management
- Recommends and implements annual operating plans, staffing, and standard work processes
- Collaborates with other regions and McKinstry leaders to improve business results and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates and influences business development efforts within and between national clients and regional offices to ensure that potential project delivery and sales strategies align well with company capabilities and capacity.
- Oversees the sales performance, business operations and delivery across all technical services project types in the Mountain Region
- Manages business finances, labor and resource planning, including budgets, monthly forecasts, executive reporting, and cash.
- Actively participates in corporate strategic business planning and implementation to enable enterprise strategies.
- Perform direct project and client management as needed.
- Actively participates in market and industry events
- Coaches direct reports, which will be managers and individual contributors, to successful outcomes
- Successfully performs advanced delegation activities, delegating both tasks and decision-making to direct reports as is consistent with their capability
- Leads the hiring of key leaders to support a highly technical and talented team of engineers and consultants across the United States
- Recruits, trains, mentors influential team leaders to achieve team goals.
- Balances investment decisions with financial return
- Regularly communicate, formally and informally, company and department goals, policies, plans, and priorities.
- Define and communicate new hire position priorities.
- Act as a steward and model of McKinstry culture that puts people first, build trusted partnerships, stay curious, and make a positive difference
- Effectively communicate and influence policies and procedures.
- Recommend professional training and supports employee career planning while cultivating future McKinstry leaders.
What we'd like you to have:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of an operations manager or another directly applicable management role.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, MS Teams, PowerPoint, Skype and Outlook; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Working knowledge of schedule and labor planning software: Microsoft Project, Excel, Planisware,
- Skilled in creating and interpreting budgets, revenue forecasting, and manage of required.
- Four (4) year college-level training in mechanical/electrical engineering, architectural engineering, business, or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- MBA is preferred
- Fifteen (15) years of operations, technical services, sales, facility consulting, engineering, consulting or equivalent required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and nationally on a regular basis.
- Physical ability to navigate job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website