At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an amazing Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing Engineering and Design division in our Seattle, Washington location.
You're great at:
- Exercises global decision making by considering other departments within the company such as project management, sales and estimating, accounting, purchasing, etc.
- Plans for, schedules, supervises, delegates, and provides feedback to members of the design and engineering team.
- Refines management skills to assess in advance the need for additional staff to complete design work on schedule.
- Coordinates with construction managers to review the project as the design develops.
- Conducts biannual goal plan reviews for all members of the design team.
- Assists in planning and leading training sessions for design staff.
- Supervises “construction administration” activities on projects.
- Monitors project's design budgets
- Helps project managers identify potential design change orders by tracking project scope through all milestones.
- Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions and direction.
- Archives projects according to engineering administrative procedures.
- Confirms and documents existing site conditions.
- Includes existing comfort and maintenance issues
- Foresees potential future issues based on previous projects
- Proposes recommendations to optimize energy efficiency including:
- Control strategies
- Equipment replacement
- System modifications
- Implementation of innovative technologies.
- Coordinates with sales leads, cost estimators, project managers, and detailers on the development of design projects.
- Ability to support sales efforts and provide engineering analysis to support sales.
- Actively participates in the early phase of designs. Includes brainstorming to challenge the design concepts and develop innovative design approaches.
- Establishes and maintains design best practices including Design Standards, Standardized Details, and Standardized Materials processes.
- Develops initiatives and strategies to promote and maintain the success of the business unit.
- Completes designs with a level of quality in the design documents that leads to a minimum amount of clarification required during construction.
- Prepares design budget proposals for a variety of project types that appropriately reflect the effort required on any given project.
- Takes control and ownership of the design, equipment selection, assessment of owner needs, and initiating the development of an overall design plan.
- Ability to coordinate with design teams on structural architectural, civil, electrical, and energy.
- Performs a variety of early design tasks to help teams determine a preferred project direction.
- Plans, schedules, supervises and delegates to other design staff.
- Attends early meetings with owners/developers/general contractors.
- Establishes a line of communication with customers and upper management.
- Works with internal and external customers.
- Enhances department's and organizations' reputations by participating in professional groups critical to the HVAC business.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- P.E. registration is required.
- Eight (8) years of experience in electrical design, engineering or related field required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio required
- Working knowledge of Revit required.
- Working knowledge of Energy model results analysis required.
- Working knowledge of Total Cost of Ownership and or Life Cycle Cost Analysis required.
- Experience in managing a design team is preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website