At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer with a Zero Carbon focus to join our growing Engineering division. "World Class Engineering, Real World Solutions". Join our multi-disciplinary engineering and design department and help transform the built environment into the zero-carbon, all-electric, healthy, equitable, cost-effective future we all need. Today, we are delivering some of the world's most advanced buildings and energy systems.
Your expertise and curiosity will help drive climate solutions for our clients and communities. Your love of mentorship will help to continue to develop our staff to tackle the difficult, yet rewarding challenges of our generation. We are particularly interested in candidates who are effectively able to synthesize across multiple situations and demands – client, project, people, design, and technology. We hope you, as a proven leader, will bring your passion, your talent, and your values to our engineering and design family.
We are looking for a proven leader in high-performance buildings with a passion for critical design elements such as:
- Electrification of the built environment
- Nature-provided services such as heating and ventilation
- Zero carbon design
- Low-GWP refrigerant options
- Human comfort and wellness strategies
- High-performance retrofits
- Integrated solutions
- Manages the complete sales support, design, preconstruction, and construction support process for a design-build project, while balancing owner's satisfaction with McKinstry engineering budget
- Exercises global decision-making by considering other departments within the company such as project management, sales and estimating, accounting, purchasing, etc.
- Supervise, mentor, train, and evaluate members of the design and engineering team
- Determine staffing needs to meet design schedules
- Coordinates with construction managers and sales leads throughout life of project
- Proposes recommendations to optimize energy efficiency
- Actively participates in the early phase of designs including brainstorming to challenge the design concepts and develop innovative design approaches.
- Takes control and ownership of design, equipment selection, assessment of owner needs, and initiating development of an overall design plan.
- Ability to coordinate with design teams on structural architectural, civil, electrical, and energy.
- Performs a variety of early design tasks to help teams determine a preferred project direction.
- Prepares design budget proposals for a variety of project types that appropriately reflect the effort required on any given project.
- Plans, schedules, supervises and delegates to other design staff.
- Attends early meetings with owners/developers/general contractors.
- Establishes a line of communication with customers and upper management.
- Enhances departments and organizations reputations by participates in professional groups critical to the HVAC business.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or engineering required or equivalent work experience required.
- P.E. registration is required.
- Eight (8) years of experience in mechanical design, engineering or related field required with a focus on high-performance buildings.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit required.
- Working knowledge of Energy model results analysis required.
- Working knowledge of Total Cost of Ownership and or Life Cycle Cost Analysis required.
- Experience in managing a design team is preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Apply on company website