At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Product Management Director to join our growing Product Management team in Denver, Colorado.
- Manage and maintain LOB portfolio product roadmaps; identifying customer pain points, converting them into user stories and prioritizing them.
- Manage the product portfolio's life cycle from inception (including modifications, upgrades and maintenance) through end of life.
- Create and effectively champion a data-driven and market-informed vision and plan that works in concert with the broader McKinstry objectives.
- Develop and maintain business cases. Cases should demonstrate a compelling reason for continued investment that bridges business goals, user needs and feasibility.
- Design, deliver and manage large strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and multiple critical dependencies.
- Continually evaluate the performance of products and features against goals, develop recommendations for improvement, and manage enterprise business backlog.
- Write Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) and Product Requirement Document (PRD) based on business impact, customer demand and proven thought leadership.
- Contribute actively to LOB innovation: Perform and leverage research to further support rationale for product development and positioning.
- Spearhead creative solutions that enhance and further the current tools.
- Work with your Technology Partner to effectively design solutions, estimate work effort and deploy resources appropriately. Encourage actively pursuing integrations and partnerships in support of McKinstry's vision and business goals.
- Assist Chief Product Officer to identify and implement best practices to measure success; including financial objectives, implementation schedules, and important milestones.
- Assist Chief Product Officer to promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through forums such as user groups, design reviews, etc.
- Build strong working relationships with LOBs, technology and operations organizations to enable cross functional collaboration.
- Train, mentor and manage staff to attain team goals.
- Maintain a “pulse” on trends important to our clients and LOBs to explore and maximize new solutions that meet needs.
- Serve as a steward of McKinstry technology solutions.
What we would like to see from you:
- BA/BS degree desired, Masters a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in product management or software development preferred.
- Experience with product management principles. Product Management Certification desired (Pragmatic, 280 Group, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to present work to executive stakeholders.
- Track record of building product features founded in solid user research and validation.
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels action.
- Ability to lead high performing, cross-functional teams.
- Experience growing and developing talent.
- Knowledge in modern software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Strong ability to teach others, mentor, and facilitate.
- Ability to lead from within a product team and support as a servant-leader.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website