At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Program Manager - Technical Services to join our team as a member of our growing Technical Services WW Consulting division.
You're great at:
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developing technologies. Evaluate new technologies and solutions for their potential to enhance business offerings or efficiency.
- Identify, qualify, and funnel potential new service opportunities to Business Development team.
- Act as main point of contact for client communication. Build and maintain client relationship to achieve a high level of satisfaction and retention.
- Communicate and present final reports to client after project completion.
- Communicate savings shortfalls and performance results to relevant broader McKinstry team to provide feedback on development phase.
- Communicate technical service benefits, monitoring project status and other relevant requirements to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
- Facilitate communication internally between project team and other departments.
- Initiate, support and facilitate the execution of communications plans and administrative presentations regarding McKinstry's value and benefits, including opportunities, status of action plan strategies and occupant educational impact.
- Make presentations to a variety of audiences; act as technical subject matter expert.
- Present opportunities for increasing energy awareness, environmental stewardship and utility cost reduction strategies and results among client staff.
- Provide relevant client training specific to a program.
- Coordinate vendors and sub-contractors for completion of project scope.
- Develop and manage internal and external scope including Key Performance Indicators to evaluate services in comparison to metrics with the goal of delivering projects on time and in budget; update project plans accordingly.
- Develop monitoring processes and services.
- Evaluate and communicate project risk with relevant stakeholders
- Generate reports to document project, service and financial performance.
- Support Technical Services leadership in the financial management of projects; identify, assess and mitigate potential project cost impacts.
- Lead project meetings.
- Manage and perform energy consultation and/or powerED People module engagement including recommendations and enhancements to the Client's facilities and educational and outreach opportunities with students and teachers.
- Coordinate with enterprise platform team and other internal and external resources for implementation and management of product and support services.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational practices.
- Support broader McKinstry team in rebates, award applications, M&V reports, and grant proposals.
- Assist with the development of individual goals for staff and provide performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Provide supervision, mentorship, and motivation to assigned staff as required.
- Work with Department Head and Human Resources for any additions or reductions to the department staff.
- Look for and promote cross-functional operational synergies; participate in cross-functional committees and teams.
- Mentor and coach Building Energy Analysts.
- Interview and hire both junior and senior level staff
- Coach program managers within the department in experience-led conversations
What we would like to see from you:
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight (8) years of experience in construction management, building operations, engineering, environmental science or equivalent field required.
- Six (6) years of lead project management experience required.
- Four (4) years' experience with client facing presentations and/or sales presentations required.
- Working knowledge of existing buildings, facility management, energy systems, controls, MEPD and architectural systems required.
- Knowledge and experience in energy efficiency and/or sustainability programs required.
- Knowledge of utility accounting and facility information systems; and how to utilize these systems for analyzing, measuring, and reporting required.
- Energy consulting experience or education preferred.
- Building commissioning or operational efficiency consulting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- PMP, CEM, LEED, CPM professional designations a preferred.
- Understanding of the MUSH market preferred.
- Knowledge of reporting, measurement, feedback and control systems preferred.
- Experience with change management/continuous improvement practices preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website