At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Financial Accountant to join our team as a member of our amazing Finance & Accounting division. This detail-oriented individual will support operations to ensure timely and accurate completion of project substantiations and project audits while maintaining a high level of customer service to our stakeholders.
You're great at:
- Completing project substantiations on a prescribed schedule based on the project or client needs.
- Reviewing contract language to ensure substantiation requirements are met.
- Supporting internal teams with gross margin analyses as needed.
- Handling confidential information appropriately.
- Maintaining strong relationships with all customers.
- Supervising additional support staff as projects demand.
- Working with Project Managers to mitigate project/contract compliance issues.
- Working with operations teams to maintain an open and effective relationship with external clients.
- Interfacing with third party Project Auditors and managing delivery and flow of information related to project audits.
What we would like to see from you:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required; working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Suite products - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint, Adobe, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field required. This knowledge may be gained through 4 years applicable work experience in Accounting or Finance companies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, business transactions, and issues. Possess a good sense of business.
- Three (3) years of project/contract/cost accounting and auditing experience preferred
- Construction accounting experience preferred.
- CPA/CMA preferred
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website