At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways that we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Technology division.
You're great at:
- Contribute to and/or participate in the review of software solution designs and architectural approaches.
- Attend regular team standups and participate in backlog grooming activities.
- Assist in building out Agile approaches across Software Engineering organization.
- Participate in cross-functional teams focused on providing well designed, end-to-end IT solutions.
- Act as a technology consultant to the organization – introducing technology and process changes that make McKinstry more nimble, productive, competitive and profitable.
- In collaboration with leadership, develop and ensure use of policies and procedures based on industry best practices, while continuing to introduce best of breed tools and solutions.
- Regularly collaborate with leadership to inform decisions about people, processes, tools, and technology
- Establish and track metrics and measures to ensure achievement of system value, stability, and availability.
- Manage full lifecycle development of software engineering solutions.
- Communicate Software Engineering vision and strategies with the team and other departments at McKinstry.
- Regularly review team member work activities and provide day-to-day technical direction and mentoring.
- Select, train, mentor and manage team members.
- Stay informed of new technologies & industry practices and educate team members.
Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing software engineering teams focused on custom development and supporting and extending existing critical enterprise systems required.
- Five (5) years of software development and applications management experience required.
- Eight (8) years of experience/increasing responsibility with information technology and application systems.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills required.
- Experience with the latest software engineering technologies, tools, and practices required.
- Experience with Cloud development, deployment, scalability, optimization, security, and monitoring of application solutions required.
- Experience of Agile methodologies and approaches required.
- Experience with microservices and machine learning preferred.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, MuleSoft, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft PowerBI, and C# preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- On call availability 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website