At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide for you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Superintendent to join the team as a member of our growing Energy Western Washington division.
You're great at:
- Acting as an onsite face for McKinstry.
- Developing and updating project schedules.
- Approving daily work tickets.
- Reviewing submittals.
- Responsibility for jobsite set up and tear down logistics.
- Receiving and tracking equipment.
- Scheduling and coordination of subcontractors and vendors.
- Assisting in writing and reviewing scopes of work.
- Assisting Project Manager with bid procurement.
- Managing and closing out punch list activities in a timely manner.
- Regularly communicating, formally and informally, company goals, policies, plans, and priorities to field personnel.
- Developing and maintaining logs and reports as required for project execution.
- Maintaining daily logs of work performed by McKinstry and subcontractors on site.
- Developing RFIs as required to document changes to the scope of work.
- Holding meetings and developing minutes as required for proper project execution.
- Coordinating work with other trades or contractors onsite.
- Overseeing field personnel who may include union and non-union workers.
- Ensuring client concerns are resolved in a timely manner.
- Acting as a conduit of communication regarding progress and logistics between client and subcontractors.
- Resolving subcontractor disputes.
- Scheduling and delivering training to facility personnel when turning-over building.
- Preparing, logging, filing, and distributing Superintendent daily reports.
- Acting as a steward of McKinstry culture.
- Upholding and communicating McKinstry safety standards.
- Coordinating with the Safety team to create and communicate site safety plan.
- Ensuring safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
- Hosting and documenting Weekly Safety meetings; reviewing the job-specific safety plan from each sub and make sure the unsafe work has a preplanned agenda prior to starting.
- Logging and filing safety reports.
- Preparing and distributing safety incident reports for internal purposes.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- OSHA 30 certification required or must be obtained within 6 months of assuming the position.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera, and/or Suretrak required.
- Knowledge of construction management, commercial building process, and OSHA standards required.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Four (4) years of leadership of trades and job sites preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture or Facilities Management or equivalent work experience preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website