At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Technology Helpdesk Technician to join our team as a member of our growing Technology division.
You're great at:
- Respond to all Help desk tickets assigned by Coordinator or otherwise, determine root cause, and resolve or escalate to Tier 2
- Provision, maintain and repair IBM compatible desktop PCs (laptops and desktops)
- Performs simple network account maintenance (add/moves/changes).
- Work collaboratively with other departments in McKinstry.
- Provides support and assistance to McKinstry employees.
- Maintains technology repair and spare parts inventory as necessary.
Cross-functional Relationships & Customer Satisfaction
- Provide excellent customer service and develops strong internal customer partnerships with key internal clients.
- Communicate with and coordinate McKinstry internal resources to meet project deliverables.
- Communicate with McKinstry clients as needed to achieve shared business objectives.
- Responsible for communication and sharing of information and best practices across team members.
- Helps gather client insight to drive process improvements.
Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing PCs, tablets, peripheral devices, laptop computers and other mobile platforms required.
- Proficiency in operating systems required.
- Ability to use basic networking troubleshooting tools (ping, tracer, and nslookup) required.
- High school education or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- Two (2) years technical computer experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio preferred.
- Ability to research problems and evaluate solutions preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows Deployment Services preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows Software Updater Services preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website