Please review the job details below. Lead Contracts Specialist
The Contracts Specialist position involves contract administration and commercial expertise
- Ensure that the Company is aware of its obligations in order to comply with contractual requirements, is either properly paid or honours its financial commitments, and that customers and subcontractors discharge their obligations to the Company.
- Support the Company's efforts in managing Export Control Compliance.
- Provides thorough and timely review of documents drafted by other parties identifying, evaluating and mitigating commercial risk to the company.
- Negotiates contracts, subcontracts and amendments with the customer and subcontractors.
- Assists business area management with project execution plans and provides inputs for risk mitigation plan and project processes.
- Reviews contractual requirements expressed in Request for Proposals/Quotations, prepares detailed compliance matrices to contract terms for inclusion into the Company's proposal to a potential customer.
- Maintains accurate, accessible and complete records of the Company's contractual and business matters assigned to the relevant scope of work activities.
- Keeps documented records of commitments made and understanding between the Company and its customers, subcontractors or suppliers.
- Maintains a good understanding of the processes used by the Company to monitor its day-to-day affairs and follows those processes (e.g. contract approval, timesheet recording, performance reporting).
- Stays informed and makes others aware of the business area's procurement activities, procedures and policies at all times.
- Ensures that the Business Area is cognizant of the requirement to have these agreements properly expressed and executed in a timely manner to protect the interests of the Business Area as well as the Company.
- Reports changes and risks to manager and business area management.
- Travel as required.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website