Please review the job details below. For more than three decades, human space flight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle's Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space Station. Leveraging our expertise in robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems, MDA is developing sophisticated systems for on-orbit servicing of satellites and planetary missions to explore the Moon and Mars.
On Earth we are taking our experience in space robotics into new areas of advanced robotics for nuclear, medical, industrial, and mining applications. We invite you to visit our website at www.mdacorporation.com.
MDA is currently seeking an electrical engineer experienced in providing leadership, solutions and engineering support to customers and vendors as required. The individual will be expected to implement the EEE Parts Plan within a program that is cost and schedule efficient, meets program reliability requirements and is in accordance with MDA processes.
Interested candidates must possess a degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 5 or more years of experience on EEE parts reliability functions and activities, including the selection, approval and control of EEE parts that will meet program requirements. Experience in dealing with customers and vendors, managing projects, proposing solution. The candidate is required to travel to customer and vendors site. The candidate should have experience in the following:
- Define and develop an EEE parts plan as required to support the costing, schedule planning and pricing of proposals.
- Ensure the EEE parts meet the program electrical, environmental and reliability requirements and are in line with the EEE parts plan.
- Work with the designers/engineers to select EEE parts and screening that meet the project's cost and schedule.
- Arrange for the status of EEE parts to be available to the stake holders and report any EEE parts issues that could affect cost and schedule to the PA Manager/Lead and Program Management (i.e. unreasonable Customer).
- Decision-making that supports cost and schedule, such as pragmatic application of OTS methodology.
- Review and approve drawings and parts lists, both hard copies & PLM. Perform Parts Application Analyses to ensure that parts are adequately de-rated for the application.
- Support design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR) as required.
- Co-ordinate parts screening and qualification, including DPA. Ensure that pragmatic assessments are made when reviewing procurement and screening issues.
- Support the MRB process to investigate and resolve EEE part discrepancies. If required, co-ordinate part failure investigations and analyses to determine root cause and effective corrective action.
- Review GIDEP and NASA Alerts for applicability on a program and initiate appropriate investigation and corrective action if required. Generate GIDEP Alerts as required.
- Remain current on new technologies and industry changes (lead-free, counterfeit parts, etc.).
- Communicate new technologies and changes to rest of MDA as well as other MDA divisions
- Recommend process improvements to the line manager to help reduce costs and schedules
- Use CAD tools such as ORCAD, Autocad Electrical etc. is an asset.
- Experience programing languages, Visual Basic, C#, LabVIEW, C++. Other programming languages would be an asset.
- Other duties as required
The candidate must have strong verbal and written English communication skills as well as the ability to excel in a team environment. All candidates must be able to obtain both CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website