Please review the job details below. Maxar Technologies Ltd. is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar Technologies provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence. With more than 6,500 employees in 21 locations, the Maxar Technologies portfolio of commercial space brands includes SSL, MDA, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions. Every day, millions of people rely on Maxar Technologies to communicate, share information and data, and deliver insights that empower a better world. Maxar trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange as MAXR. For more information visit www.maxar.com.
For more than three decades, human space flight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle's Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space Station. Leveraging our expertise in robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems, MDA is developing sophisticated systems for on-orbit servicing of satellites and planetary missions to explore the Moon and Mars.
On Earth, we are taking our experience in space robotics into new areas of advanced robotics for nuclear, medical, industrial, and mining applications. We invite you to visit our website at www.mdacorporation.com.
MDA is currently seeking an Engineers/MTS to support the Electrical Engineering Department in a variety of tasks including but not limited to evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and supporting customer as required. In addition, the candidate will assist with research and development of Actuator Control Electronics, Robotic Arm system architectures, Low-noise high-accuracy science instrument designs including LIDARs, Spectrometers, and atmospheric sensor systems. Experience in Analog and power electronics design and testing is required.
The successful applicant should have the following skills:
- Low-noise Analog circuit design including sensor front-end amplifiers, filtering, and data acquisition systems.
- High-speed digital and analog board design experience including schematic entry, circuit simulations, electrical worst-case analysis, parts stress analysis, PWB layout design, and support to Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) drawings and manufacturing.
- Experience using Electrical CAD tools such as ORCAD, Altium, Autocad Electrical, Matlab, and PSPICE Simulators.
- Testing and debugging of CCAs at the board level, testing of avionics at the unit level, and system integration level.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, spectrum analysers, network analysers, TDR's and VNA's, power amplifiers, function generators etc.
- EMI/EMC testing of avionics and systems per MIL-STD-461, and overall awareness of EMI/EMC design principles and troubleshooting skills.
- DC Brushless/Brushed Motor Driver/Controllers, resolvers, and encoders.
- System level Power, Grounding, and Bonding architectures
- Experience in working with customers such as NASA JPL and Lockheed Martin on integrating avionics to their vehicle (rover, spacecraft) at their assembly, integration and test facilities.
- Development and verification of System level electrical specifications and requirements.
- Ability to work with the constraints of other disciplines (mechanical, thermal) to achieve overall project requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organization skills
- Technical presentations to customers like CSA and NASA for design reviews
- Strong human relations skills, and dedication to meet project deadlines
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
- Other duties as required
Interested candidates should have a Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering and must have 6 or more years of work experience. Strong ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as a member of a team is vital.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website