Please review the job details below. Maxar Technologies Ltd. is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar Technologies provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence. With more than 6,500 employees in 21 locations, the Maxar Technologies portfolio of commercial space brands includes SSL, MDA, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions. Every day, millions of people rely on Maxar Technologies to communicate, share information and data, and deliver insights that empower a better world. Maxar trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange as MAXR. For more information visit www.maxar.com.
For more than three decades, human space flight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle's Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space Station. Leveraging our expertise in robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems, MDA is developing sophisticated systems for on-orbit servicing of satellites and planetary missions to explore the Moon and Mars.
On Earth, we are taking our experience in space robotics into new areas of advanced robotics for nuclear, medical, industrial, and mining applications. We invite you to visit our website at www.mdacorporation.com.
MDA is currently seeking Engineers to support the Electrical Engineering Department in a variety of tasks including but not limited to evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and supporting the customer as required. In addition, the candidate will assist with the research and development of the camera, Actuators Control, LIDAR, Video Compression. Experience in Analog design is required.
The successful applicant should have the following skills:
- Experience in programming languages: Visual Basic, LabVIEW, C
- Experience using CAD tools such as ORCAD, Autocad Electrical, etc
- More than 5 year working experience in ORCAD PSPICE and LTSPICE
- Digital and analog design including thermal, low-level signal amplifiers, analog, and digital filters, A/D and D/A, sensors (pressure, optical and temperature).
- DC /AC Brushless Motor Design, Motor Control Drivers.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and organization skills
- Strong human relations skills, and dedication to meet project deadlines
- Experience presenting ideas to a technical audience
- Experience writing technical reports and assist in proposals writing
- Capable communicating ideas in a manner to appeal to a non-technical audience.
- Working Knowledge to EMI/EMC principles
- Capable of multi-tasking between projects
- Experience with a distributed control system (automation type system)
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
- Strong knowledge of power and grounding techniques
- Other duties as required
Interested candidates should have a Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering and must have 5 or more years of work experience. Strong ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as a member of a team is vital.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website