Please review the job details below. Safety Engineer in the Product Assurance Department
MDA is currently seeking a Safety Engineer/MTS to action quality, safety and reliability tasks on industrial, nuclear and medical programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying how items can fail, the functional effects of failure on external interfaces, how failure is detected and what corrective actions are available
- Identifying and evaluating hazards in the design and operational usage to ensure that potential hazards are either eliminated or controlled to an acceptable level, and completing hazard reports
- Supporting internal and external Safety Reviews
- Performing additional safety/reliability tasks as required, such as fault tree analysis (FTA), Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), quantitative reliability analysis, and life analysis.
- Reviewing drawings, parts lists, specifications, test procedures and test results, and supporting design reviews.
- Finding process improvements for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
PA is an independent engineering reporting organization within MDA. PA is involved in all aspects of the program, including support to proposals, customer and subcontractor contract negotiations, and through all phases of design, development, procurement, assembly, integration, test, qualification, delivery and operational support.
This job requires interaction with internal customers (including MDA program managers, engineering and manufacturing team), external customers and various subcontractors and major suppliers.
Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline, with experience in safety, quality and process engineering. The candidate should have experience in the following:
- Producing safety analysis on medical, nuclear or aerospace designs
- Project engineering or leadership
- Impeccable math and statistical analysis skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Proven history in improving process efficiency
- Comfortable with integrating new technology into an existing business environment
- Strong change management skills.
- Exposure to software product assurance would be an asset.
All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website