Please review the job details below. Project Description:
MDA has developed and delivered to Canada's Department of National Defense (DND) an advanced multi-mode radar surveillance system (AN/APS-508) for the CP-140 Aurora fleet. The CP-140 Aurora fleet is Canada's Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Aircraft. The fleet is used by the Royal Canadian Air Force in activities such as domestic surveillance of Canada's maritime approaches, search and rescue missions, and maritime and overland operations. Currently, we are upgrading the multi-mode radar surveillance system software to provide enhanced capabilities for the CP-140 Aurora aircraft. The position(s):
The project is looking for one junior software engineer to join the CP-140 team and participate in the multi-mode software enhancement, design, coding, integration and testing, and system sell-off. The work largely involves real-time C++ software, JAVA and systems.Responsibilities:
- Analyze new GMTI/SAR processing algorithms and prototypes and incorporate it in the processor design
- Participate in the design, coding, implementation and testing of the processor
- Participate in the processor integration into the full multi-mode radar system
- Technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer/System Engineering or Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of Linux, MS Window tools, and software CM process (e.g., using Git and JIRA is an asset).
- One or more years of C++ and/or JAVA design, development and I&T experiences is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong math, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with the MATLAB programming language is an asset.
- Familiarity with the VxWorks real-time operating system is an asset.
Due to various program security restrictions, Canadian citizenship plus 5 years residency is required for this position.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website