Please review the job details below.
MDA is seeking a Manager, Business Development for the Richmond office to lead a variety of business development initiatives in the Defence and Security group of MDA GSI – essentially promoting the use and application of Earth Observation Satellites for Maritime Domain Awareness, Land Intelligence and other applications.
Our clients are typically Military, Intelligence Agencies, National Governments or commercial entities which serve these markets – so a strong background with these is highly desirable. The Manager, Business Development is responsible for sustainment and growth of existing clients as well as developing strategies and plans for the expansion into new markets and territories.
The Business Development Manager activities includes the identification and qualification of new business opportunities, management of the end-to-end bidding process including proposal activities and negotiations leading to contract award. The Manager, Business Development will be expected to analyze and understand the market and the Customer's needs (technical and non-technical), the potential solutions, the competition, all other aspects of the opportunity. Based on the analysis, he/she will be expected to develop and implement a winning strategy and pursuit plan. He/she is also expected to form and manage a competitive pursuit team including members from both technical (engineering experts) and non-technical disciplines (contracts, finance, project management, legal, etc.). The Manager, Business Development should coordinate all activities of the team members to maximize MDA's probability of winning.
The Manager, Business Development will be expected to develop new international opportunities working with customers, partners and subcontractors as well as with internal stakeholders.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work with MDA Sales to secure orders and achieve annual Bookings Targets.
- Understand the clients funding and procurement process and provide forecast data.
- Support and grow existing client accounts within assigned territory.
- Qualify new business opportunities.
- Build relationships with key customer contacts.
- Create customer awareness of MDA GSI DefSec products, services, capability and strengths.
- Assist prospective clients with program creation activities working to influence customers towards MDA GSI DefSec offerings.
- Recognize and acquire intelligence relating to potential opportunities.
- Identify and build relationships with potential partners.
- Identify and acquire knowledge about competitors.
- Support marketing initiatives related to MDA GSI DefSec including contribution to new brochures, papers, advertising campaigns etc.
- Proactively monitor relevant Institutional sites within territory for notices relating to future business opportunities.
- Proactively manage and monitor the status of relevant business opportunities and regularly update the opportunity database (SalesForce) to support the continued success and coherence of the DefSec business strategy.
- Manage the end-to-end bidding process.
- Participate in negotiation procedures if required for any successful tenders, ensuring the best possible balance is struck between customer expectations and MDA priorities and to ensure a successful contract kick-off.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Geo-information, Earth Observation experience is mandatory for this position,
- Good understanding of Earth Observation data and associated application potential,
- Experience managing complex bid preparation processes,
- Experience in International Business Development
- Knowledge of Military and Government procurements
- Understanding of financial aspects of projects, bids and business cases,
- Experience managing external customer relationship.
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels,
- Capability to think ‘outside of the box' to identify innovative and feasible solution/service options,
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- At least five years of business development experience ideally working in one or more high technology organizations.
- Reputation as a winner - demonstrated expertise and success in leading pursuits and proposals.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated broad, complex strategic thinking capability.
- Proven ability to assess competition and other critical factors affecting a pursuit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of financial business models.
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused.
- Proven ability to analyze information and provide solution to diverse problems. .
The candidate must have the ability to obtain Canadian Secret clearance.
International travel to meet existing and prospective customers to understand their remote sensing requirements and to promote our offerings will be required.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website