Please review the job details below. MDA is currently seeking a REMOTE SENSING OPERATOR located in Aldergrove, BC. The position provides support to the Polar Epsilon Near Real Time Ship Detection (NRTSD) Operations. This person will be involved in activities associated with monitoring operations of RADARSAT ground stations and processing facilities located in Aldergrove. The Operator will support ship detection duties utilizing RADARSAT image products.
- Pre-Pass Preparation to verify all systems are functioning as required (such as antenna, real-time recording);
- Monitor weather at both Reception Sites
- Ensure data exploitation software workstations are initialized and ready to accept RADARSAT imagery.
- Monitor RADARSAT data Reception and Processing
- Run proprietary data exploitation software and validate detected targets to produce detection reports according to the required system timelines
- Post-Pass Activities including verification of reception and processing reports
- Monitor cataloguing of real-time data and oversee processing, delivery and cataloguing of non real-time imagery
- Interact with Planning staff at each RJOC, as required;
- Support troubleshooting of problems encountered with proprietary data exploitation software
- Provide assistance to the maintenance personnel for preventive and corrective maintenance at the West Reception and Central Processing Site in Aldergrove
- Any required duties or tasks that are associated with this role.
- The proposed Remote Sensing Operator must have a combination of experience and education in GIS/Geomatics
- Worked at least one year in remote sensing or Geographic Information System(GIS) fields or a combination thereof;
- Extensive work experience in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Worked on or with a network with two (2) or more servers.
- Good problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be a team player and yet work unsupervised on a project
- Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain Secret security clearance
- Required to work shifts in a 24/7 operation
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website