Please review the job details below. Job Description: We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative engineers with experience working in the space industry.
Are you passionate about space exploration? Do you have experience designing or building systems for the harsh space environment? If so then this is a rare chance to join a growing company with an exemplary heritage in the industry. We have exciting opportunities available to join our international and enthusiastic team developing instrumentation for several space missions, including a lunar lander and ESA technology demonstrators.
You will be working at the Harwell campus, an innovative hub for science and technology advancement in the UK.
- Deriving and managing requirements
- Providing technical interface to customers and subcontractors
- Producing system budgets (link budget, mass budget, etc.)
- Designing and troubleshooting hardware and software for space missions
- Developing innovative solutions to engineering requirements
- Manufacture, assembly, integration and test
- Working with a dynamic team to produce innovative solutions
- Preparing technical documentation including test procedures, design specifications and engineering change notices
- Experience designing, manufacturing or testing hardware for the space environment
- Enthusiastic about space exploration
- Software experience (i.e. programming, modelling, CAD)
- Ability to independently apply engineering principles to design projects
- Keen to solve complex challenges in a small team
- University degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication
Skills considered an asset:
- Software: DOORS/Matlab/Python/C or C++
- CAD (Pro/E, SolidWorks, and/or CATIA)
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods
- Experience with ECSS standards
- Structural and thermal analysis
- Radiation analysis
- Experience with environmental testing
- Test specification, plan and procedure development
- Hands on Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Testing
- Quality Assurance
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website