Please review the job details below. The Electronics Technologist provides support to engineering and manufacturing in the assembly, integration and test of MDA Visions, Systems and Sensors products. Responsibilities include system installation, assembly, testing, troubleshooting, calibration, configuration, system and integration.
Le technologue en électronique apporte son soutien à l'ingénierie et à la fabrication dans l'assemblage, l'intégration et le test des produits MDA Visions, Systèmes et Capteurs. Ses responsabilités comprennent l'installation, l'assemblage, le test, le dépannage, l'étalonnage, la configuration, le système et l'intégration des systèmes. Being a dynamic position means that the workdays are always evolving, challenging and motivating. This position will appeal to a person who is well organized, who is detail-oriented and who enjoys working as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent service. If you're that person, then this may be the perfect role for you! How you will contribute
- Prepare engineering, prototype and/or demonstration systems for demonstration and/or delivery
- Prepare, review and revise acceptance and checkout test procedures for deliverable hardware
- Develop production, assembly and parts list drawings
- Perform integration and testing activities on breadboard, prototype, engineering and production hardware and software
- Integrate mechanical and optical assemblies including bonding of optical mirrors and prisms.
- Perform alignment of optical assemblies
- Conduct acceptance and checkout procedures on deliverable hardware
- Ensure completeness of documentation for mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Design and document test fixtures, and test setups
- Collaborate with engineering disciplines, other technologists and assembly personnel.
- Maintain records of all test data, inspections and daily activities.
- Perform general technical, engineering and lab duties as required
What You Need
- Familiarity with mechanical assembly procedures and tools including; torque wrenches, 3D printers, basic metalworking tools, measuring instruments, etc.,
- Knowledge and familiarity with a broad range of electrical lab and test equipment and tools such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, cameras, basic laser test equipment, PC's, power supplies, etc
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- CAD and SolidWorks expertise
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary engineering/manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Curiosity is encouraged
Education: Minimum associates degree in technology or similar field and 2-5 years of engineering design experience or a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or similar. Degree from an ABET accredited college or university desired.
- Experience with optical subassemblies and/or optical mirrors and prisms would be considered an asset
- Previous experience or desire to manage a lab environment would be considered an asset
- Previous experience or desire to be responsible for facilities management would be considered an asset
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website