Are you looking for the opportunity of a lifetime? Are you interested in spending next spring and summer at one of the most beautiful sites in America - Yellowstone National Park? Medcor is looking to hire Physician Assistants and/or Family Nurse Practitioners to cover the Medcor clinics at Yellowstone National Park for the 2020 season.
This description applies to a seasonal provider position in one of the three medical clinics in Yellowstone National Park. The clinics are located at Old Faithful, Lake Village and Mammoth Hot Springs. Lake and Old Faithful, our seasonal facilities, open from the beginning of May, and are in operation until the end of September each year. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO COMMIT TO THE WHOLE SEASON. The Old Faithful and Lake Village clinics provide urgent and emergency care as well as some primary care for local residents and employees. A wide age range of patients with diverse injuries and illnesses are seen. Additionally, the Mammoth clinic functions as a primary care home for residents in the area and is staffed year-round by a physician. During the summer season, a Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner is hired to staff on weekends to accommodate the expanded hours of service. Limited point-of-service lab and x-ray are available at all three facilities
The National Park Service provides EMS services and medical control is provided by Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. A Medcor physician team (5 physicians) comprised of the Mammoth Clinic physician, Yellowstone National Park Medical Director and Medcor's Corporate Medical Director, Medcor's Assistant Corporate Medical Director and a contracted physician, provides consultation and oversight. The provider will be an employee of Medcor, Inc. Under Medcor, Inc., the provider will assist in providing all aspects of clinical services to Yellowstone National Park. This includes participation in the billing process as delineated by Medcor, Inc. Financial remuneration, administrative and operational services are provided by Medcor, Inc. The employee policies of Medcor, Inc. apply to the provider and full compliance is expected.
What to expect as a Yellowstone Medcor Provider:
- Be part of a team that provides excellent customer service to YNP's employees and guests to the park
- Treat injuries and illnesses according to Medcor's Evidence Based Medicine practices and guidelines
- Administer screening and testing
- Provide wellness education
- Chart and document using Next Gen EMR
- Have valid unrestricted state licensure in Wyoming (may be obtained after hiring)
- Have current ATLS, ACLS, PALS and BLS certifications
- Have a positive and outgoing personality, and be a collaborative team player
- Be comfortable practicing and living in a remote solo provider environment
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Be comfortable and productive working with computers and EMR software
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills – with patients, clients and colleagues
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. Our benefits include free housing in the park, medical malpractice insurance covered by Medcor, monthly stipend for health insurance and an opportunity to enjoy numerous outdoor activities from biking to bear sightings. To learn more about Medcor's Culture clickhere.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace
Apply on company website