Looking to use your skills outside of EMS? Ready to challenge yourself in a new direction? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you would treat yourself? Do you like job perks, good pay, and growth potential? If so, then Medcor may be the right company for you!
Here's why people love working for Medcor:
- Stability! We've been around since 1984.
- Opportunities galore! Medcor has a lot more to offer than just this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally, and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by internal employees. The fact is, opportunity exists here!
- Training! We believe in it and we'll train and support you to be the best you can be. We feel we offer more training than most other companies.
- Travel! With new clients and projects added daily, there is always an opportunity to transfer across the country.
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say? Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can help our organization.
Medcor is looking to hire an EMT or Paramedic on a Per Diem basis to be a Worksite Health Technician at our client's construction site in St. Louis, MO. The hours for this position are varied Monday - Saturday but typically 6am - 5pm. Applicants should feel comfortable working in a construction environment, should be able to climb stairs, and work at heights as needed.
THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME JOB. IT IS PRN/COVERAGE
***Since this is on an as needed basis there are no guaranteed hours. If you have the availability to pick up an occasional shift we invite you to apply.***
The position's responsibilities include collaborative work with the medical and operational leadership at Medcor, local medical providers, client staff, with key contacts within the client's corporate structure. The day-to-day role of the Worksite Health Technician includes patient care, ongoing workers' compensation case management, Return to Work (RTW) program facilitation, and treatment plan monitoring. This position will work closely with outside medical providers.
A typical day in the life of a Worksite Health Technician
- Participate in daily operations at Medcor's on-site clinic
- Provide superior customer service to Medcor's client and employees
- Assessment and treatment of workplace injuries and illnesses according to Medcor's Evidence Based Medicine protocols, known as the Medcor Care Protocols (MCPs)
- Build and maintain internal team relationships
- Support for onsite employee health and wellness efforts
- Pre-employment and post-offer screenings
- Documentation of care using state-of-the-art EMR and other tools
- Physical Assessment Testing (PATs)
- Case Management
- Medical charting
- OSHA record-keeping
- LOVE what you do
- Have valid licensure for the position in which you are applying
- Have current CPR/BLS
- Be strong enough to lift a 50lb emergency response bag
- Possess excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be willing to go above and beyond just because that's who you are
- Be passionate about people and giving them the best care humanly possible
- Be able to have fun
It's a Plus If
- You are comfortable working in a construction environment
- You are good with computers and some familiarity with EMR software
- You have experience in emergency medicine or critical care
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
Apply on company website