At Medcor, we're passionate about caring for our advocates as much as you are passionate about caring for your patients! Join our team and receive the support you need to be successful in your practice and to focus on your patients. In addition to a collaborative work environment, we offer great pay and benefits, and an emphasis on your wellness.
Here are just some of the reasons our medical professionals say they value their jobs at Medcor:
- Time to engage with patients, to get the job done right the first time, and truly make a difference in the lives of patients.
- Work life balance. Flexible schedules, no nights or weekend shifts, and very limited call.
- Support. You will be a part of a team with ongoing support from operations, technology, and clinical colleagues.
- Practicing Evidence-based Medicine, with standards and workflows in place to help make that practical.
- A business model that is transparent, free from conflicts of interest and not claims-driven. No quotas or referral pressures – we don't even bill insurance. That's good for you, the patient, the client, and us.
- Opportunity to build relationships and accomplish meaningful work that is appreciated.
Medcor is currently looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work Full-Time in their employer-based clinic setting in Rapid City, SD. The work environment is in a primary care focusing on advanced care & primarily COVID testing. The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, times to TBD.
***This role is currently temporary (Until 12/31/2020) but may become a permanent full-time position as an Urgent/Acute care provider in a clinic setting.***
This position will be initially focused on COVID 19 testing. The advocate selected will be responsible for collecting, processing, documenting PCR test samples as well as receiving test results, counseling patients on follow up procedures and preparing/coordinating reporting processes.
The PA / NP will provide excellent care, while also working collaboratively with other medical and operational leadership at Medcor, other Medcor associates, and key contacts within the client's corporate structure. The day-to-day role of the PA/NP includes close cooperation focused on team care across the Medcor operation for this client.
A typical Medcor clinic provides a broad scope of services including the diagnosis and treatment of workers compensation injuries and illnesses, urgent care, surveillance and regulatory exams, and preventative services. The services at this site will be primarily focused on the COVID testing of their employees to begin. This position will work closely with a Medcor employed oversight physician assigned to the site. This position requires no weekend or on-call hours; however, with advanced notice, flexibility for additional hours is preferred, as requested by the client.
A typical day in the life of a Medcor Provider
- Provide superior clinical care and customer service to Medcor's client and employees
- Treat injuries and illnesses following Evidence Based Medicine standards
- Build and maintain internal team relationships
- Collaborate with client professionals in health, safety and environmental practices
- Collaborate with client human resources and benefits professionals on clinical issues
- Support client's wellness and preventative programs
- Document and manage information using state-of-the-art EMR and other tools
- Patient education regarding medical conditions and treatment options
- Patient coaching regarding healthy behaviors
- Have a valid unrestricted SD licensure
- Have current DEA & BLS certifications
- Have strong computer skills and familiarity with EMR software
- Have a positive and outgoing personality, and be a collaborative team player
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills – with patients, clients and colleagues
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Be comfortable working in an on-site clinic environment
It's a Plus If
- You have occupational health experience
- You have previous work-site clinic experience
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. Our benefits include paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401K with match, CME time and expense, malpractice coverage, and more. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
Apply on company website