General Position Summary
The Area Manager of Business Operations at MedExpress, an Optum company as part of UnitedHealth Group, will oversee the overall operational responsibility for the Centers across Minnesota to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient and quality delivery of services.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
MedExpress Leadership Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team.
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments.
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities.
1. Drives excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations in the region through data analysis and strategic planning.
2. Creates a culture where staff are engaged, challenged, and efficient in carrying out job responsibilities.
3. Builds a high performing team with high morale and addresses performance issues quickly and decisively.
4. Partners with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with all clinical policies and training programs.
5. Identifies methods to increase business opportunities and scope of services provided by the Centers while maintaining budgetary performance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
2. Minimum five to six years management experience in healthcare. Multi-site leadership experience required.
3. Working knowledge of payroll and scheduling. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment and maintain a positive attitude.
4. Knowledge of and responsibility for upholding State and Federal regulations regarding dispensing, storage, security, reporting, and disposal of controlled medications.
5. Ability to assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical training and staff development programs in conjunction with the training and development department, as well as the clinical operations team.
6. Assists clinical leadership in planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring quality control and quality assessment.
7. In conjunction with the clinical operations team, acts a resource to staff regarding all clinical operations issues to include MedDispense, lab, and x-ray.
Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens), and ability to lift 50 lbs.
Healthcare, Medical, Health Care, Operations, Management, Urgent Care
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website