General Position Description:
The Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope (Limited Scope X-Ray Operator, Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist, LMRT OR Basic Machine Operator) is responsible for performing all Radiology services in accordance with the state regulation for limited scope of practice in radiography exam modules. In addition, the Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope (X-Ray Tech, Limited Scope X-Ray Operator, LMRT) will be responsible for performing other clinical duties, ensuring the well-being of patients, and for providing a positive and supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to, make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the 'Clinical Functions by Position' State document and according to onsite Provider direction and supervision.
- Perform accurate x-rays as ordered by the Provider and in accordance to the limited scope of practice while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA.
- Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers.
- Retrieve and archive radiographic reports.
- Create/Burn CD's in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT, UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures.
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of care.
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Documentation of competency is required for all role appropriate procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or certification as applicable.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
- Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and completion of Quality Control logs.
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
- Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance assessment, etc.
- Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
- Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
- Administrative clinical partners.
- 2 years clinical experience in related clinical setting (Urgent Care) preferred.
- Working knowledge of PACS, Computed/Digital Radiography, and documentation in an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System and basic computer programs.
- Ability to accurately perform required x-rays as ordered by the Medical Provider/s and in accordance to the limited scope of practice.
- Must have current X-ray certification and must meet all other applicable requirements by law including state licensure in radiology technology or must have obtained the passing certification letter, as applicable and required by state.
- Must have completed accredited radiology technology program (LMRT) and have passed the Core, Chest, Extremities, Skull/Sinuses and Spine ARRT limited scope of practice exams for radiography. (FL Basic Machine Operator only requires Core, Chest and Extremities, therefore, candidate must have previous experience performing Spine, Skull and Sinus exams). In Minnesota (MN), the Minnesota X-Ray Operator Exam Certification Letters received prior to January 1st, 2008 is also acceptable.)
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes, radiation safety measures, common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of applicable radiology state rules and regulations.
- Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings.
- Required to maintain CEU/CME's as applicable for licensure.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Additional requirement: Travel to other Centers. Generally scheduled 12 hour shifts, hours may vary based on location and business needs. Hiring manager will provide details.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website