General Position Summary:
The Data Analyst, Analytics works across all areas of our business. This analyst will enjoy working with one of the richest provider data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights drive the direction of the organization. S/he will work closely with key leaders and experts across business functions. The perfect candidate will have a background in a consulting-type role with strong data analysis skills. The successful Data Analyst will have experience manipulating and analyzing data to answer key business questions and may utilize data from a variety of sources, being somewhat of a data wrangler. Strong data presentation skills are required, the effective analyst will be an expert in making the complex simple. The effective analyst is scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and has demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a business or functional area.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Apply your data analysis expertise to answer the most difficult questions across the enterprise.
- Inform, influence, and support the ability to execute our strategic decisions.
- Structuring and manipulating raw data into useful format for Analytics team.
- The Data Analyst, Analytics role has work across the following areas:
- Analysis and Presentation
- Partnering and consulting with functional leaders to identify trends and opportunities
- Partner with the IT organization to structure data and reports that are actionable for business users
- Evaluating and defining metrics, monitoring key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Exploratory Analysis
- Collaborate with BI to ensure data needs of the organization are met
- Understanding patient behaviors and long-term trends
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Building models and forecasting
- Evaluating pilot studies
- Multiple interactions weekly with all levels of leadership across departments and business units.
- Tight relationship with the Analytics and Information Technology organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Preference for degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics fields of study.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis.
- Must be proficient in data manipulation and transformation, as well as blending data.
- Ability to work with and gather requirements from business users.
- Ability to clearly communicate the results of analyses.
- Expertise with Excel (4+ years' experience). SQL, Alteryx, SAS, and R experience a plus.
Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens), and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website