General Position Description:
The Director of IT Application Development and Delivery is primarily responsible for collaborating directly with leaders across the organization to identify, recommend, design, develop, implement, and support cost-effective Application Software, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions that enable company success and future growth. This individual will also serve as a key architect for the business and work to help drive requirements definition and solution development.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
MedExpress Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team.
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments.
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Builds and maintains a highly proficient and delivery-oriented team that designs, builds and implements new technology and business intelligence solutions for the functional areas across MedExpress.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in management of IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning/management, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals and delivery roadmaps for application development, business intelligence, data warehousing and IT project management in conjunction with users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, capacity planning, employee development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Evaluate, recommend, and select information technology solutions / tools that enable business growth. These include: packaged software solutions, clinical / operational and administrative systems solutions, business intelligence / data warehouse related tools (including hardware, database management systems, ETL (extract, transform, load) software, data mining tools, and meta data management tools).
- Works with and drives the IT staff to plan, lead, organize and control information technology initiatives for the company. Specific work will include all facets of the software development life-cycle, including technology planning / strategy, business process improvement, packaged software implementation, system integration, custom solution development, technology design/architecture, quality assurance testing, deployment planning and production support.
- Establishes strong partnerships with functional leaders across MedExpress as needed to plan for and manage information technology and business intelligence delivery. Leads and champions the definition of key performance indicators and works with functional area leaders to define and deliver new dashboarding, reporting and portal based capabilities.
- Will interact with all employees of the Application Development and Business Intelligence department on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices. Will also interact with members of the Senior and Executive Leadership teams and Center Operations Leadership & personnel.
- University degree in the field of computer science or software engineering and at least 10 years related work experience. Master's degree in either of these fields or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- 10 years of experience in applying alternative software development methologies to design, develop and deliver large scale information systems.
- 5 years of experience managing and/or directing the design and implementation of data warehouse/business intelligence solutions is required and 10 years of experience developing web and/or n-tiered applications for both internal and external customers is required.
- Strong experience in large-scale program management and business technology strategy development for small and large scale organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform technology and project management health assessments and gate reviews.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte data warehouses and hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping) and travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens).
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website