General Position Description:
The Front Office Assistant will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and provide support to patients and medical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome all MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answering inquiries, and directing them through the registration process.
- Answering multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation, and completing daily patient callbacks.
- Discharge patients, assist office and clinical staff, and close office at the end of the night.
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, post patient balances, and complete phone sheets.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
Other center staff if applicable.
- 1 year of prior customer service OR experience in a medical office setting required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to learn Electronic Medical Records.
- Communicates well with patients and medical staff.
- Ability to follow OSHA/HIPAA guidelines.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website