General Position Description:
A hands-on technical role that is responsible for data warehousing and business intelligence, with emphasis on reporting and data analytics through the entire project lifecycle. The Business Intelligence Developer will help lead the full Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence implementation across the MedExpress platform.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead overall BI User Experience, working closely with Executives and end users to define how they access, interact, and utilize business data.
- Meet with stakeholders to gather and document data warehouse and/or reporting requirements to ensure development work meets business objectives.
- Proven experience with front-end reporting tools, preferably LogiAnalytics (formerly LogiXML) along with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Provide dashboard/reporting functionality and create key performance indicators, calculations, and metrics on web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity with Multidimensional Database Design and Architecture.
- Experience in writing and tuning SQL queries, view, stored procedures, and functions.
- Create Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services packages (SSIS), scripts, and other elements to move data from the source databases into the data warehouse.
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from various source systems to the data warehouse covering a variety of technical scenarios encountered in the construction of complex data warehousing solutions.
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) design and build experience including multi-tier infrastructures, partitioning, aggregations, proactive caching, actions, role and data-level security.
- Prepare deliverables such as source to target mappings and transformation rules documentation.
- Must be able participate in an On-Call rotation, and be available for code deployments and incident responses outside of business hours.
Will interact with all employees of the IT department on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices. Will also interact with members of the Senior and Executive Leadership teams.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience as a technical BI developer.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Technically fluent with relational databases - SQL Server 2012 - SQL Server 2017.
- Strong SQL programming skills. Must be familiar with advanced SQL functions like CTEs, merge statements, pivot queries, and the use of lead and lag.
- An understanding Multidimensional database design. Kimball methodology. Understands Fact, Dimensions, Attributes, and Measures and how they relate to each other.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) require SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) required. SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) experience is a plus.
- Experience with front end Business Intelligence tools required. LogiAnalytics (formerly LogiXML) preferred.
Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens).
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Flexibility and balance
• Development opportunities
• Appreciation and recognition
• Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
Apply on company website