DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Patient Flow Supervisor - Bed Control Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time DAYS
Medical City Hospital Dallas
The Registered Nurse (RN) Bed Control Coordinator will appraise, plan and coordinate patient care placement based on diagnosis, special needs and acuity. Accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Demonstrate commitment to ensure Patient Safety in the clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice.
- Contribute to a safe and therapeutic environment of care.
- Act as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Modify decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of Clinical Bed Coordinator to maintain high quality, age specific care for the newborn through the adult patient.
- Participate in Nursing Administration Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Act as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Manage human and material resources.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
About Medical City Hospital Dallas
Medical City Hospital Dallas is a very “special” medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400+ in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
BSN required within 24 months of hire
Minimum of 5 years recent acute care hospital experience
Minimum of 2 years of critical care experience
TX RN License or Compact License
Apply on company website