DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Surgical Services Analyst Full Time
Medical City Dallas Heart and Spine Hospital
Medical City Dallas will open brand new Heart and Spine Hospitals October 2019 as destination hospitals for highly specialized advanced cardiovascular and spine care. The new facilities are located near Medical City Dallas across Hwy. 75 and Forest Lane.
Medical City Heart Hospital will have 63 private patient rooms and provide a wide array of cardiac services including complex vascular and heart surgery, advanced heart failure treatment, minimally invasive vascular surgery and other specialized heart care. The facility will also have the only dedicated cardiac emergency room in Dallas.
The 24-bed Medical City Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among others.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
A supportive and collaborative work environment
Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
Generous tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
• Coordinates the selection, purchase, utilization and maintenance of the appropriate hardware and software.
• Develops and maintains databases and Meditech dictionaries while coordinating efforts with the Supply Chain Internal Control Coordinator (ICC).
• Assists the ICC in maintaining/creating OR preference cards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of billing system per MediTech /Hospital and processes Chargemaster CDMs by interacting with the Hospital's Clinical Resource Manager in accordance with billing and purchasing policies.
• Assists Director of Surgical Services in initiating and tracking of Capital Expenditure Requests for the OR.
• Practices autonomously, consistent with practice standards and research based policy/procedures.
• Exercises independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care.
• Delegate tasks appropriate to meet the needs of individual patients and to the skills of the employees who give clinical care and support to patients and physicians.
• Performs necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements.
• Incorporate teaching into all aspects of daily informatics and materials management systems.
• Documents pertinent data in a concise manner and processes data for reporting to Director of Surgical Services and Chief Operations Officer.
• Participates in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
• Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities, including tracking turnover times, first case start times, room utilization and block time reviews.
• Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- Bachelor's degree require
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Reasoning, math, and language skills should be performed at advanced levels. Experience and training in hardware/software, Meditech preferred.
- Experience in specialty areas including O.R., Labor and Delivery, P.A.C.U., Cardiology and/or Endoscopy with minimum of 1 year documented recent hospital experience in area of specialty.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website