MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The individual in this position provides administrative and secretarial support to the department physicians. Answers phones, registers patients, schedules appointments, posts surgical procedures, and coordinates insurance verifications and pre-authorizations. Manages physician's calendar, coordinates travel, and assists with manuscripts and protocols. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Associate's Degree.
- At least three years work experience required, preferably in a medical/clinical office.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Previous experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website