MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The individual in this position provides assistance in supporting all the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections and interfacing with health care team. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High School graduate. Associate degree preferred.
- Three years experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Previous experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business and SMS/Invision preferred.
- Fluency in Medical Terminology required; fluency in Spanish preferred; Effective interpersonal & communications skills, as well as good telephone etiquette; high level of competence in customer relations in a professional environment; ability to prioritize, organize work and be self directed; ability to work as a member of a team; ability to work in stressful situations; good problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website