MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.General Summary of Position: The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating, in conjunction with the Patient Services Manager or Department Administrator, all the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and the balancing of all TOS payments using the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing system Front Desk Module. The person in this position supervises and directs the maintenance and ongoing monitoring of the patient health record in department. The person in this position is responsible for organizing, training and supervising the activities of personnel engaged in Patient Service activities. The person in this position creates and edits master schedules and works closely with the Patient Processing Manager to identify patient service issues and ensure continuity of services to patients and providers. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards. Qualifications:
- Two years college, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Four years experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Previous experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Previous experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity EHR or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, HMO/PPO insurances.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and appropriately motivate staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website