MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.General Summary of Position: Under general supervision, is responsible for interpretation of physician's orders, review of patient therapy, dispensing of appropriate ordered medications and performs all operational duties necessary within the inpatient and satellite services. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalent Certification approved by NABP.
- At least one year as a Pharmacist in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current D.C. license as a Pharmacist.
- Good communication skills; ability to provide direction to others; ability to work under stress.
- Ability to perform computerized procedures.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups; geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between age and the proper selection of drugs and drug pharmacokinetics in various age groups.
- Annual performance evaluations will measure the level of knowledge and skills maintained through the use of criteria based job standards.
- Employees must maintain a satisfactory level of knowledge and skills to continue employment.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website