MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for intraoperative delivery of patient care in the scrub role; assists Core Leader, OR with orientation, training and supply inventory for a specific surgical specialty consistent with specialty alignment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High School graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Completion of accredited program in Surgical Technology
- One-year O.R. experience as Surgical Technologist in an acute care operating room, which included the major surgical specialties i.e. General, GYN, Urology, Neuro, Ortho, ENT, CV, Plastic preferred
- Current Certification by examination through Association of Surgical Technologists is preferred
- Knowledge of surgical specialties, instruments, techniques, procedures, anatomy and physiology.
- Scrub role competence.
- Must be able to understand the importance of being a member of a specialty team and rotating to other specialties to maintain skills.
- Ability to teach; adaptable to change.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional control and function under stress during emergent and non-emergent situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website