Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position is accountable for inventory and product flow execution which meets the needs of the customer with the right product in the right place at the right time. Responsible for providing analysis on assortment, pricing, and merchandising for category and line reviews. Achieves financial plan goals while optimizing sales profit and inventory dollars and turns with a clear understanding of competitive forces and analysis.
What You'll be Doing:
- Collaborate with Buyer and provide analysis regarding: Advertising, Digital and Visual Strategy.
- Past, Current, and Future trend analysis.
- Assortment Planning / Merchandise Presentation Planning.
- Nielson / Market Share analysis.
- Vendor Collaboration to drive fill rates and on-time measures.
- Accountable for Demand Forecasting,Fulfillment and Allocation at the store/item level including: Order Creation and Order Groups, Replenishment method, Inventory deployment strategy within OTB (receipt and inventory plans), Shelf presentation, Identify and resolve product flow issues including competitive response, Remedy, and SAQ.
Manage Product Lifecyles: new Item forecasts, promotional flow strategies and execution, end of life recommendation / analysis.
Identify and resolve issues and concerns that may have significant impact on the business or interrupt product flow while responding to competitive market or store issues appropriately - Including SAQ and remedy resolution.
Accountable for creating orders fitting within the receipt plan, communicate variances, dated product mitigation, and ensure inventory turn goals are met.
Responsible for creating and communicating promotional reports, including: Ad Variance report, promotional ROI, Ad effectiveness review, competitive Ad comparison, and Neilson reporting and analysis.
Coordinates and executes product returns & product recalls at the distribution facility using established process and guidelines.
- Create Ad-hoc business review.
Responsible to work with Core Teams and vendors to Recommend/analyze Category Reviews, Analyze and build Planograms including final proof and template assortment by store.
Conducts store and competitive visits identifying category gaps/planogram issues/resolution and vendor gaps.
Responsible to work with Vendors on Inventory Productivity, Forecasts and Timelines, Claims and Recalls.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
Bachelor's Degree or enrolled in a four year degree program with an expected graduation date
- 1 year of previous merchandising and/or retail experience preferred.
- Ability to gather and interpret data for various reports, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of the retail industry – ability to analyze and understand specific category product lines as well as segmented customer behavior.
- Results focused; uses performance targets and goals to drive own activities as well as help team succeed.
- Ability to drive positive change within the team.
- Office computer skills; ability to learn company systems and tools.
Apply on company website