Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!As a Deli Clerk, you will have a role in helping Meijer customers providing a high level of customer service in one of our most popular departments. You will serving our customers with your knowledge of our meats, cheeses, and different items in the Deli department.
ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME; WILLING TO TRAIN
PREVIOUS DEL OR FOOD SERVICE EXPERIENCE A PLUS
Click here for an overview of the position.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will create those ‘WOW' moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Assist customers with their orders for a variety of deli and bakery services.
- Provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders.
- Ensure quality service and products for customers by following safety and sanitation procedures.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective and efficient.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
- Stock product and product displays according to merchandising standards.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one.
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Comfortable using electronic deli equipment
- food safety knowledge to properly maintain and manage our high standards.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations; achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit
- Be able to work in different temperature environments (cooler and freezer).
Apply on company website