Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!The Digital Product Owner is responsible for overall technology advancements and development for their role's defined area of focus (e.g.: Meijer eCommerce or Meijer Merchandising Systems). Work very closely with various ITS teams to define, develop, and launch new digital features and capabilities. Key leader within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) that Meijer has adopted across multiple areas of the business. Offers the unique opportunity to create new experiences for our customers, as well as improve internal business processes. Must live and breathe all things digital, and have the aptitude for both technical and business requirements.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for the end-state product/property experiences.
- Leader and decision maker for assigned agile team(s) within the SAFe framework.
- See projects from start to finish, including detailed breakdown of features at the beginning, through measuring success post-rollout.
- Convey the vision and goals to their team for each new feature prioritized.
- Create, own and is measured against their agile team's objectives for each 10 week program increment.
- Maintain and prioritize their team's backlog during the sprint planning process.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings as part of the SAFe framework, including sprint planning, sprint demos, system demos, retrospectives, and program increment planning events.
- Communicate status and progress externally.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years previous Merchandising, Retail or eCommerce experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Retail industry and Web Retailing / eCommerce.
- Understanding of specific category product lines and core customer purchase behavior, especially related to online/digital.
- Knowledge of the Retail industry and Web Retailing.
- Basic understanding of SEO/SEM.
- Analytical skills, with basic reporting capabilities.
- Proactive and action oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with, and present to internal and external partners.
- Able to learn company systems, processes and tools, and identify opportunities to improve.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet production deadlines.
- Strong communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of intellectual property rights, compliance and enforcement.
Apply on company website