Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!The Store HR Representative provides HR support and assistance to store leadership through coaching and guidance on HR related matters including; staffing, workforce planning, training & development, retention, onboarding, employee relations, compensation, EEO, safety, HR policy, etc. The Store HR Representative partners closely with store leadership and the regional HR team to champion the HR goals and strategies by performing the following duties:
What You'll be Doing:
- Through the guidance of the HR Market Manager, provides consultation, direction, and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective and disciplinary actions, terminations and EEO matters affecting employment.
- Champions engagement through mTeam, mCulture, mPerformance & other HR key initiatives.
- Ensures and facilitates effective communication to all team members in the store. Engages leadership to communicate and follow up with team members.
- Assist in the reporting, analysis, execution and follow up pertaining to talent management, talent development, talent acquisition, and total rewards processes and programs.
- Provides guidance to store leadership on career development resources for their team members, run reports and track progress of Individual development plans, talent profiles, development goals, training completion, and overall development efforts.
- Provides business partner support regarding company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation and payroll, benefits administration, talent development, talent management, and disability management services.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of employee complaints or policy violations.
- Support HR Market Managers with projects as needed.
- Other duties include orientation and recruiting responsibilities
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other administrative duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- High School or equivalency required. Associate Degree or above in Human Resources preferred.
- REQUIRED: 2 plus years of Human Resources Experience as an HR Generalist, Sr. HR Generalist, HR Manager or higher
- REQUIRED: 1 year or more experience leading Investigations and Employee Relations Issues
- REQUIRED: Must be available work a flexible schedule to accommodate HR Needs or Store Events per business needs
- Ability to present thought leadership, demonstrate leadership presence, and be approachable
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions. Demonstrated ability to design effective meetings and small group interactions including one to one discussions and conflict mediations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to build a positive rapport with all levels of the organization (up, down and sideways)
- High Energy and adaptable
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Tenacity, emotional consistency, and courage to manage/address difficult situations
- Schedule flexibility when business needs exist
- Demonstrate confidentiality and ability to instill trust
Apply on company website