Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This role is responsible for supervising procurement operations buyers, including conversion of requisitions to Purchase Orders and transactional sourcing. Managing relationships between category managers and procurement operations team. Serves as an escalation point for supplier issues.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Train, supervise and lead the purchasing group and the completion of procurement activities.
- Oversee procurement leads who help manage the commodity buyer pools.
- Implement sourcing and procurement's strategic and tactical initiatives within the procurement operations team.
- Support execution of defined strategic sourcing process and drive utilization of tools and techniques aligned with best-in-class procurement processes.
- Continually develop strong relationships with internal business partners across the company and stay connected to their individual business strategies and needs.
- Maintain effective communication with various departments to monitor and correct issues, including delivery, quality, packaging, and / or invoice issues.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and contractors to ensure good, reliable sources of supply and information.
- Monitor/enforce compliance to corporate contracts, policies, strategic sourcing initiatives, etc.
- Resolve/escalate supplier issues and communicate approved vendors, pricing, and contracts requirements.
- Measure overall procurement operations performance.
- Ensure compliance to contracts and agreements across the organization.
- Manage the creation and issuance of Purchase Orders.
- Ensure thorough and complete purchase and inventory records to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services.
- Ensure vendors are complying with quality, price, packaging and shipping guidelines.
- Ensure full compliance with all regulations and responsible care guidelines.
What You'll Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of procurement or project management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of procurement or project management experience.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and a customer service focus.
- Expertise in contracts and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple projects at once.
- Proven ability to manage a team of 3+ people and lead a tactical procurement organization.
- Strong process and technology understanding.
Apply on company website