Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Responsible for oversight of the alcohol department. Ensures customer needs are met, questions are answered, and service is quick and efficient. Maintains product presentation, backroom management, inventory management and shrink control.
What You'll be Doing:
- Overall management of Alcohol (Wine, Spirits, Beer) department.
- Develop category knowledge to be able to communicate & educate customers on all three segments of the Alcohol Category – Beer, Wine & Spirits.
- Foster & Develop appropriate distributor relationships & act as main point of contact at Store.
- Develop & maintain connection with store leadership and HQ alcohol team.
- Website understanding and ability to discuss benefits of digital/mobile engagement.
- Manages department demo execution.
- Escalation of performance opportunities. Includes: Vendor coverage concerns, over inventory situations, OOS management.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to teach suggestive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with internal partners, vendors, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow MLCC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial impact of decisions made. Examples: buy-ins, incremental display or assortment buys.
- Demonstrated ability to review of department financials and understands levers to influence outcome.
- Successful completion of all required certifications.
Apply on company website