Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Tipp City DF Maintenance Department is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Services Technician; Level 3. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for scheduled and emergency maintenance of equipment and facilities for Meijer Tipp City DF. The individual will work closely with Operations and Facilities Maintenance team members
What You'll be Doing:
- Perform routine chemical testing, making necessary operational adjustments to maintain proper operating parameters for cooling tower and boiling water.
- Monitor complex heating/ventilation system and adjust controls for proper operation.
- Provide 24/7 automated process monitoring and take appropriate action as needed.
- Works with the Maintenance Planner to maintain supplies through ordering and receiving chemicals, record usage and interaction with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain manufacturing and complex equipment by performing Preventative (PM), Predictive (PdM) and Corrective Maintenance to ensure maximum life expectancy of machinery.
- Notify appropriate leadership of unsafe, damaged work equipment and make recommendations regarding repair or replacement as needed.
- Suggest design improvements on existing and new equipment and systems.
- May provide training and direction to other technicians and operators as needed.
- Partners with Maintenance Master/Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plant or modify maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Master/Manager.
- Practices 200% safety accountability in self and others.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- HS Diploma/GED required.
- Associates degree or certification in a technical field preferred.
- Mechatronics Certifications for Levels 1-7 completed.
- 5-7 years of hands-on manufacturing maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with standard mechanical and electrical component maintenance and repair practices; knowledge of and skill with preventative maintenance.
- Skilled and certified in various PLC programming languages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process.
- Ability to support and work with engineering on projects, equipment design, layout or re-design.
- Working knowledge of standard mechanical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Familiar with office technology tools (i.e. MS Office).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to operate basic machining equipment (lathe, mill, drill press).
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Understanding computer theory, programmable logic controls (PLC) and experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
Key Qualifications must include
- Available to work on Holidays, weekends and any required overtime
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance
- Total mechanical maintenance and repair of electrical and other mechanical equipment
- 480/240/110 VAC Electrical trouble shooting, testing and repair competency.
Attributes / Skills Required
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic repair of building systems and mechanical/electrical production and facility equipment
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment and system issues
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance guides/manuals
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook would be beneficial
- Self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to work independently
- Customer focused, excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in very hot and cold environments.
- Able to lift 65 lbs.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Able to operate powered lift equipment and maintain a Meijer equipment operator's license
- Must have own hand tools
- PLC operational understanding
- Air Compressors and Dryers
- Ability to rebuild machinery components as needed.
- VFD programming and replacement
- Ability to read electrical prints
Apply on company website