Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position leads a team of technicians/maintenance specialists to effectively execute all maintenance and assigned projects within the facility to ensure ongoing operations. This role provides necessary equipment expertise and technical guidance related to multiple building, mechanical and material handling systems.
What You'll be Doing:
- Practices 200% Safety Accountability – Self and Others.
- Lead and assist with hiring the site maintenance team to ensure continuous operations.
- Make work assignments, promote positive employee relations, teamwork and accountability for results.
- Coach team members and administer discipline as required.
- Monitor and oversee activities of the team, including corrective and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting assignments, repair work, etc. to ensure continuous operations within the facility.
- Record and deliver coaching disciplinary action to team members as necessary.
- Work closely with team members in an effort to improve plant key performance indicators and operational metrics.
- Maintain commercial refrigeration systems, which may include Freon and/or ammonia.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with company, local, State and Federal requirements & regulations, including completion and maintenance of required documentation.
- Forecast, create and assist with managing departmental budget, ensuring appropriate accounting in accordance with company practice.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelors degree preferred or relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years leadership experience required.
- Ability to operate powered lift equipment and maintain Meijer equipment operator license.
- Ability to read/sketch blueprints, shop drawings and electrical schematics.
- Previous experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems beneficial.
- Ability to learn/use office technology tools, e.g. timekeeping and office communication skills (current examples include MicroSoft Outlook, MIDS, PLEX and mainframe systems).
- Knowledge of industrial motors and motor controls.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize, follow-through and meet production goals.
- Flexibility to work a rotating schedule as needed.
- Working knowledge of company, local, State and Federal Safety, Sanitation and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and important company information to the team.
Apply on company website