Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position is responsible for all in-store, customer facing marketing materials, including responsibility for all business areas, Advertising, Marketing, Trend, Merchandise Presentation, Operations and Properties to design, develop and execute the Merchandising Strategy for department and category adjacencies and visual presentation. This position is also responsible for the creative strategy and creative development that effectively communicates to customers. Additionally, this position will partner with retail properties teams on developing and executing a full in-store visual and design strategy from L1 to L3, including down to the shelf edge.
What You'll be Doing:
- Create and define the vision and direction for the Total Meijer Store Experience from a visual merchandising perspective incorporating branding concepts.
- Delegate and coordinate assignments within team, as well as cross-functionally, through strategy and creative development.
- Partner with Merchandise Presentation to incorporate all Visuals on planograms to drive execution.
- Initiate and drive process integration with Merchandise Presentation & Properties/Design teams to create time efficiencies for key partners.
- Oversee inventory and visual appeal of fixtures and displays across merchandising areas and total box.
- Lead and maintain relationships with advertising and supply vendors to ensure branding and creative initiatives are upheld to highest corporate standards.
- Provide direction on style guide communications to assist with new and remodeled department visual standards.
- Create and establish branding and style guidelines; a branding gatekeeper.
- Provide branding approval for all print and signing materials; lead brand awareness and maintain a positive, consistent corporate Brand image.
- Oversee the development and balances presentation with the financial strategy and implications for consistent brand, theme and messaging.
- Lead research efforts in regards to information from multiple sources to assist in design decisions and trends including: competition, books and magazines, forecast companies, Internet, etc.
- Lead, plan and develop fixture designs and functionality for assigned merchandising area.
- Ensure the development of transition presentation reports for departments concentrating on costs, improvements and ongoing growth.
- Collaborate with product development to understand strategic direction and provide supporting presentations for developed product.
- Lead and develop team member performance.
- Build functional expertise within teams.
- Build teams to operate cross-functionally.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent retail experience.
- 15+ years of experience in merchandising.
- Advertising/marketing, retail design preferred.
- Strong leadership and delegation skills.
- Ability to manages multiple, complex projects across various touch points and timelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of branding and key marketing principles.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of visual merchandising and store layouts.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Technical, creative and business writing ability.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail industry.
- Understanding of specific category product lines and core customer behavior.
- Office computer skills; ability to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft Office.
Apply on company website