Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position actively assists, builds, and leads the in-season and pre-season planning and forecasting processes for assigned business areas in an effort to achieve financial goals through strong business partnerships with the GVP, VP, Merchandise Managers/ Directors, and Buyers. This role supports the development of business strategies and proactively manages the financial forecast for assigned business areas across defined key performance metrics.
What You'll be Doing:
- Conduct the financial planning and forecasting analyses of merchandise sales, profit, inventory and other key planning metrics, Forecasts and records in the Enterprise Planning tool the projected financial results of current strategies while maintaining a high level of forecast accuracy.
- Account for promotions, price changes, clearance activity and corporate driven initiatives within the weekly, monthly and annual forecasts.
- Work closely with planning partners to understand how out of stocks, PO's and inventory levels will impact the forecast.
- Analyze and report on trends and variances to plan for all aspects of the business including but not limited to sales, cost of sales, merchandise shrink, MPC costs, vendor payment terms, marketing expenses and store expenses.
- Extract financial data from various accounting and information systems including but not limited to: EP, Teradata, Shopperview, Microstrategy, SAP, MPC, AOD.
- Assist in the development of budgets, forecasts, pro-forma analysis and serve as finance liaison to functional managers.
- Analyze, review and communicate the potential effects that the financial plans and forecast have on the Profit & Loss (P&L) statement.
- Act as liaison with business partners while gathering information, discussing project analysis, and presenting results or recommendations.
- Present research results to executive management and make recommendations based on these results.
- Partner with the Buyer and Merchandising Managers to conduct semi-annual or annual business reviews for assigned business areas to include but not limited to: Sales and Margin trends, performance to plan, Inventory and Turn analysis, Vendor and Brand performance, AUR analysis, Price ad Promo Assessment, Sales and Margin Decomp, Market Basket trends, Shopperview and mPerk assessment, Geographic trends, ROI and Market Share trends.
- Partner with the Buyer to develop sub-category buy plans and ladder plans that identify sales plan and purchase quantities which meet or exceed financial goals.
- Provide post analytics of sub-category and seasonal performance to plan including causal factors and activities taken to enhance favorable results as well as those taken to minimize unfavorable results.
- Provide financial and analytical guidance that drive recommendations to merchandising capital expense projects that have a high rate of return and a reasonable payback period for cost recovery.
- Analyze new store performance for assigned business areas and provide recommendations on ways to improve future performance in familiar and unfamiliar markets.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years' experience in Merchandise finance or financial planning and analysis within the retail industry.
- Knowledge of the retail industry; understanding of specific product lines and core customer behavior.
- Advanced mathematical and statistical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables.
- Results focused using performance goals to drive self and team success.
- Building Effective Teams: Proven ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships.
- Office computer skills; Advanced MS Excel experience (pivot tables, vlookups,sumifs, macros, etc.), experience with one or more database query applications (Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau), intermediate to advanced skillset with MS Word and MS PowerPoint, able to learn company systems and tools.
Apply on company website