As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Looking for a change in career? Do you enjoy providing quality customer service? Then join the Meijer Family as a Produce Team Member!
As a Produce Associate, you are responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude; you will assist customers with special orders and product selection, packaging, and labeling high-quality food products. You will monitor products dates, ensure product quality, and you will be responsible for stocking displays to ensure that we have a variety of products available for our customers at all times.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME; TRAINING PROVIDED
SHIFTS AVAILABLE FROM 5AM - 10PM / FULL-TIME & PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS IN FOOD SERVICE, RESTAURANT OR RETAIL
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- Flexible Schedule
- Weekly Pay
- Education Reimbursement (up to $5,250 per year)
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More
Join a community. Build a career.
We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! When you join us as a Food Clerk, you will provide customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service, and a friendly attitude. You will play a vital role in keeping our store running smoothly and having a positive impact on the community we serve. Sound good to you? Join us!
What will you be doing?
- Build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- Maintain proper rotation using FIFO (first in first out) method.
- Package, label, and stock product to sales floor.
- Complete production planner daily.
- Mark down close dates
- Maintain product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers.
- This position is applicable to the following department: Produce
What skills will you use?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it's a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they're a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That's why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that's more than a paycheck and a career that plays an important role in your community.
Apply on company website