Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Sets up, designs and distributes planograms. Works with merchandising area(s) to successfully incorporate information to provide complete and accurate merchandising space direction for stores.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Understands and incorporate information provided by Merchandising and ensure accuracy of all developed communication in accordance to the space planning strategy and guidelines.
- Works with Core Team through iterations of Base planogram to verify optimized assortment and POG capacity meets the strategy and target goals.
- Make recommendations for improvements in facings and assortment to address capacity opportunities.
- Create and capture planograms, including working with the Buyer/Merchant and Merchandise Associate to set up the planogram in the planogram room.
- Verify item dimensions for new set to ensure product will fit on the fixture, critical to stores to ensure full execution.
- Communicate with Buyer if changes are necessary.
- Create additional versions of the planogram as needed.
- Make revisions to planograms as needed.
- Create final version of planogram including planogram cover notes provided by the Core Team and following the Space Breakdown Report from Floor Planner.
- Generate reporting and identify anomalies to Core Teams to help facilitate their planning and ordering process.
- Work with different vendors to ensure standards and compliance are being met.
- Transmit planograms to stores and merchants using the POP system.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You'll Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent retail experience.
- Previous merchandising and/or retail experience preferred.
- Understanding of planogram process and system software: JDA Space Planning/Intactix and Intactix Knowledge Base.
- Previous experience in creating, modifying or executing planograms.
- Ability to build reports, gather and interpret data for various reports, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of the retail industry; understanding of specific category product lines and core customer behavior.
- Results focused; use performance targets and goals to drive own activities as well as help team to succeed.
- Office computer skills; able to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience.
Apply on company website