Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customer-centered, competitive spirit, freshness, and "familyness." Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Tractor/Trailer Operator (Truck Driver). The individual selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Driving Class A equipment
- Making deliveries from the distribution centers to Meijer stores on time within established guidelines
- Picking up backhauls at various vendors and delivering them to the distribution centers in a timely fashion
- Yard switching (trailer movement on complex) on an as needed basis
- Additionally, the individual needs to be responsible and professional at all times
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum one year truck driving experience or successful completion of credited, approved truck driving school
- Hold a valid CDL-A license (either must have or be able to obtain a Hazmat endorsement as Meijer Logistics LLC is a certified Hazmat carrier)
- Have no moving violations in the last year
- Have no more than two moving violations in the last three years
- Obtain a MVR from the Michigan Secretary of State and present to interviewer for the Meijer Private Fleet (not more than thirty days old)
- Be able to pass a road test conducted by Meijer Private Fleet management consisting of several factors and at twenty miles in length
- Be able to pass a DOT driver physical and DOT pre-employment drug test
- Have the ability to work nights/days, holidays and weekends
- Customer Focus Orientation - Acts with customers in mind
- Drive for Results - Exceeds goals and focuses on the bottom-line\
- Ethics and Values - Acts in line with core values in good and bad times
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people and builds effective relationships
Thank you for your interest in this position. There may not be current openings for this position at this time. By submitting an application to this position, you are expressing interest should an opening become available in the future. Our recruiters routinely review available applications as openings become available. Submitting an application is no guarantee for consideration as we are unable to predict the availability of open positions.
Apply on company website