Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! When you join Meijer as a Truck Unloader, you are responsible for unloading items or goods from the truck into the main store from where they will be transferred to shelves; also properly arrange or store of unloaded items in the store.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY; TRAINING PROVIDED
PREVIOUS TRUCK LOADING EXPERIENCE A PLUS
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Join a community. Build a career.
You will play a vital role in keeping our store running smoothly and having a positive impact on the community we serve. Sound good to you? Join us!
What You'll be Doing:
- Truck Unloaders will unload merchandise from or good from the truck in the main backroom storage area and prepare for those items to be transferred to main areas of the store.
- Removes product from trucks safely and efficiently, following all safety standards, procedures and processes.
- Ensures items are properly arranged and that they do not obstruct general areas of the store.
- Operates pallet jacks to assist in the unloading process.
- Regularly ensures that product loads are properly handled to minimize damage to products.
- Wraps pallets to ensure stability when storing merchandise.
- Assures quality on pallet condition.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Must be able to load and unload up to 50 lbs
- Strength and stamina to stand and walk for extended periods
- Able to work independently or as a team to complete tasks
- Highly-organized with a keen sense for details.
- Great listening and communication skills.
- Can handle lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting while handling product or using various equipment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it's a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they're a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That's why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that's more than a paycheck and a career that plays an important role in your community.
Apply on company website